Are you a mid-level or experienced Full Stack developer looking for a more rewarding job? Then maybe a role that helps connect people together may interest you!
Our client who is currently on a mission to improve childcare in London. And they’re looking for someone experienced, creative and friendly to join their team as the fifth engineer!
They train and provide after school nannies, and arrange nanny shares, via their marketplace, road mapped app and an EdTech play.
Their aim is to make it easier and more affordable for families to access high quality childcare!
They are looking for an experienced developer (ideally someone experienced in Ruby) to build amazing software for families.
If you thrive in small, fast-moving engineering teams, then this job is perfect for you!
Ruby is used for most of the backend, with Rails, PostgreSQL and Redis making up most of their core product. They also use modern frontend tooling, with ES6, React and Tachyons.
They love GitHub code reviews and making CircleCI happy before anything goes into production.
- You have experience working with production web applications (ideally in Ruby on Rails).
- Familiarity with web application development
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- You take pride in writing readable, well-designed & well-tested software
- You’ve built frontend features with modern frameworks & tools.
- You’re humble, you’re open to feedback, and you want to learn
- Not essential, but nice to have: Computer Science related degree
Also could be a great fit:
- Developer bootcamp graduate with at least 1 year of software engineering experience
- New graduate in Computer Science or related field and a couple of software engineering internships
- Experienced software engineer with a number of years in industry
- You’re humble, you take feedback on the chin & you want to learn & teach. You fit right into our culture of supporting and helping each other.
- You practice test-driven development. You’ve worked with relational databases & have had to carefully consider schema design for query performance.
- You have a computer science related degree.
Competitive salary dependent on experience plus generous share options. We work from a beautiful co-working space near Old St in central London. The office has a gym and showers, bike storage, free snacks and drinks, and a programme of social events.